Monday, March 8, 2010

Milestones

The rest of the week without Mark went well. I had some of the girls from work and their babies over on Wednesday afternoon. We had a great time catching up and the babies got a chance to play together. It's been wonderful to be off this year with such a great group of friends from work. Danita was here with her 1 week old baby, Liam and he is too sweet. I can't believe how tiny he is. I can't believe that was Jack just 1 year ago. Time goes by too quickly and before you know it, they're not babies anymore.

Mark arrived home on Thursday evening and it was wonderful to have him home. Jack was very happy to see his Daddy. We had a very quiet weekend. I was supposed to have a girls night on Saturday but it has been postponed due to weather (the hot tub would be no good in the pouring rain). Instead Mark and I just spent the weekend together and with Jack. I don't mind those kinds of weekends at all. I imagine, I will cherish them when I go back to work next month.

Jack had a few firsts this weekend. He finally started clapping his hands. It was starting to worry me a little. He seems impressed with his new skill. He also started patting his belly when we ask him where his belly is. Last night when I was giving Jack his supper, I said it was hot and started blowing on it. He then said hot back to me. Mark and I just looked at each other as if to say "did he just say that". They say a baby's first year is one that they grow and change the most and I have to agree. Just seeing baby Liam was a true testament of that. I am looking forward to Jack's first birthday and the many more milestones that are to come. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment