Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Single Mother

Mark is out of town this week for work and it makes me truly appreciate all he does and how well we work together. He only left yesterday morning so that left me alone at supper and bedtime last night. Most evenings when Mark gets home from work, he takes over looking after Jack and then I usually prepare supper. Once we have supper and clear away, we both get Jack ready for bed. We have a well oiled routine now with both of us doing our respective roles. Last night took a little more preparation on my part but Jack and I got through the routine relatively unscathed. We even had a few laughs. Jack went down fairly quickly and slept all night (thankfully).

Mark and I bought a playpen last week for Jack and set it up over the weekend. I was very thankful for that yesterday when I was trying to make supper. It kept Jack contained and I didn't have to be constantly watching him to make sure he wasn't getting into anything he shouldn't. He played and played while I cooked supper. I think he enjoyed himself.

So far we're managing with Mark gone. He will hopefully be back on Thursday. Luckily I have two great in-laws who only live a few minutes away so if the need arises they are right there.

Now to do a 180. I was washing Jack's diapers yesterday and thought about how nice it will be for summer to come so I can hang Jack's diapers on the line again. I love our clothesline and love to hang clothes out. There's something therapeutic about being outside and hanging out the clothes. It will be different this summer since I will be back to work. It will take a little more planning on my part but something I don't plan to give up. I posted this pic on my profile on facebook yesterday. I can't wait for green grass and sunny days even if I am working.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle I love that you're posting a blog! Great way to keep up to date with you guys. I know you're doing fine with Mark gone, you're a mom so you're a champ at multitasking but I do hope Mark gets home early on Thursday. And that picture of the diapers is awesome! I love it! See you in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hanging clothes on the line too! Yesterday I hung out three loads on mine and even though I left them out for two days to dry (it's been about 7-10 degrees here), it feels great to be outside, save money and have wind-blown, fresh clothes! I hope the next few days go fast for you and Jack until Mark gets home! How nice to have such a supportive and helpful husband! I can't complain about Dan either!

    ReplyDelete