Monday, April 12, 2010

BUSY

To say the last month has been busy would be an understatement. I was definitely taking advantage of my last few weeks with Jack before going back to work so I didn't get much blogging done. I'll try to do a quick update and then when I get some new pics uploaded in a few days I'll do a picture post.

We celebrated Jack's first birthday almost 2 weeks ago now. He had a great day. Mom and Dad got here the day before the celebrations and it was so great to have them here. We celebrated with family and some close friends on Jack's actual birthday with some food, drinks and cake. Despite being a bit tired, Jack charmed everyone and went to bed almost an hour later than usual. Thankfully he wasn't cranky at all and proceeded to sleep all night. On Saturday we had his 2nd birthday party with some of his little friends. We didn't do anything spectacular, mostly just a playdate with some other babies his age (a couple from the neighbourhood and some friends from work). I attempted making my first decorated cake. I made the baby einstein caterpillar. It was a bit labour intensive and I had a few ups and downs but in the end the finished product looked fairly good. However Mark abandoned me the night before while I was in the process of decorating and I really could have used his engineering expertise. He helped me the next day though and all was good. I'll post some pictures soon.

After the birthday and Easter celebrations, it was time to head back to work. It was a very rough first day. I missed Jack like crazy. I had only ever been away from him for that long one time before. It still pains me to know he's not with me during the day. I know he's in good hands and I know it is good for him to be with other people and other kids but I miss spending our days together. Work hasn't been too bad. The days are flying by. I've been doing some re-orientation since I've been away for a year. Thankfully my friend and coworker Cynthia came back to work on the same day so we've had each other for support and someone to talk to. I think I would've cracked up more than once had she not been there. It's been a big adjustment for sure but nothing I can't handle. I definitely think Jack is having an easier time than me. I'm glad he's happy where he is and being well taken care of. I would much rather he be the way he is than crying for me all day. That would make things even worse. It's really great to see the smile on his face at the end of the day though. Makes the whole day worth it.

I'm also an Aunt again. My sister Marsha had a baby boy on Friday. 5 weeks earlier than expected but they're both doing fine. He looks like such a little sweetie and I can't wait to go visit them all soon.

That's about it for me. I'll try and post some pics really soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a hard transition - going back to work after a glorious year off. I hope you settle in smoothly, Michelle! And, I'd love to see photos of the birthday cake you made and of Jack enjoying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete